Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A recipe my grandma used to make and growing up would call it poor man's soup. A few easy, good and basic soup/stew recipe.
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks celery (cubed small)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 -3 carrots (sliced)
- 5 potatoes (cubed for stew)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 -3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- Cook slowly (low heat) the following: onion, celery, garlic and carrots for a few minutes before adding potatoes.
- Add potatoes and a couple handfuls of rice.
- Add several tablespoons McKay's Chicken Seasoning to taste.
- salt to taste.