1/1 Photo of Poor Man's Souffle
Kansas A's Note:
An old family favourite, I remember eating this when I was a kid! Velveeta cheese was cheap way back when, but not anymore...so I use cheese slices, grated cheddar, or even Cheez Whiz. Eggs, crackers, and milk are the rest of the ingredients. Prep time does not include 1/2 hour soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray Pam into a 9x13 dish.
- 2Line with crackers.
- 3*Put grated cheese, cheese slices, or Cheez Whiz, or a combination of all three if you're short with one or another. (I don't think Cheez Whiz by itself would be good so mix and match with that).
- 4Continue layering cheese and crackers ending with cheese.
- 5Crack 4-5 eggs into a four cup measuring cup. Beat eggs.
- 6Fill measuring cup with milk (I use skim but any milk will do) to the four cup mark.
- 7Carefully pour over cheese and crackers.
- 8Let sit for at least a 1/2 hour.
- 9Put into a 350 degrees F oven for about 40 minutes.
- 10Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Man's Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 561.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 13.3 g