Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An old family favourite, I remember eating this when I was a kid! Velveeta cheese was cheap way back when, but not anymore...so I use cheese slices, grated cheddar, or even Cheez Whiz. Eggs, crackers, and milk are the rest of the ingredients. Prep time does not include 1/2 hour soaking.
- Spray Pam into a 9x13 dish.
- Line with crackers.
- *Put grated cheese, cheese slices, or Cheez Whiz, or a combination of all three if you're short with one or another. (I don't think Cheez Whiz by itself would be good so mix and match with that).
- Continue layering cheese and crackers ending with cheese.
- Crack 4-5 eggs into a four cup measuring cup. Beat eggs.
- Fill measuring cup with milk (I use skim but any milk will do) to the four cup mark.
- Carefully pour over cheese and crackers.
- Let sit for at least a 1/2 hour.
- Put into a 350 degrees F oven for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with salad.