Recipe by crazy crafter
Got a recipe from this site that was too creamy- mushroom soup and did not have all the ingredients. So I made a short version with very few ingredients :)
Top Review by Shahana
Loved it just the way it is. A great change from the usual tomato sauced taste. I did use extra lean ground beef and the potato option (new baby potatoes). My onlychange was I added green beans. Next time I think I will try using frozen mixed veggies and serve over the potatoes. Makes a great one dish complete meal.
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 1 tablespoon loose beef bouillon granules
- 1 large yellow onion
- 10 -12 baby carrots
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 potatoes (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef drain and, add 1/2 to 1 cup water(depending on how much sauce you want).
- add the carrots and let simmer on med./high heat until cooked halfway through. (can also add the potatoes at this point- quartered and quartered again.).
- add the large onion cut into quarters and simmer on med./high heat for a little while longer.
- when onions and veggies become tender you add your boullion and let melt down thoroughly, mixing well with the meat and veggies, and add your salt and pepper to suit your taste. Throw over some rice or noodles. (feeds 2 comfortably) Can also add cabbage, peas (whatever you like)and double all the ingredients except for the beef and make a nice hearty soup (or try this if you need to use it up for another night :) ).