Recipe by Color Guard Mom
I got this recipe from a friend of mine years and years ago. It's one of my DH's favorites. It's been a while since I made it though, so I'm guessing at the time to bake.
Top Review by laurav121
Good basic recipe, but where's the seasoning for the meat? Even just salt and pepper to taste would help. I've been making a version of this for years with added salt, pepper, garlic, and onion to the beef (and adding frozen peas and carrots is also wonderful). And I've always used instant mashed potatoes,which works very well.
Directions See How It's Made
- Make mashed potatoes using the 10 potatoes. I boiled my potatoes, drain and then mash wtih butter and milk to a smooth consistency.
- While the potatoes are cooking, brown the ground beef until thoroughly cooked. Drain and rinse off grease.
- Grease a casserole or baking dish with butter or spray with Pam.
- Once potatoes are mashed, line the bottom and sides of the casserole dish with a little under 2/3 of the potatoes. Make it look like a crust.
- Mix together the ground beef and creamed corn. Pour into the casserole as the filling.
- Top the filling with the remaining mashed potatoes, spreading to the sides and having it meet the "crust".
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until the top is lightly browned - about 30 to 45 minutes.