Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
When groceries are low or you need to extend ingredients. Uses moslty dried or frozen ingredients. Feel free to sub. fresh for anything.
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef (more if you have it)
- 1⁄2 cup dried mushroom
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen carrots (Could use dried)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- brown meat in saucepan (with garlic if using cloves).
- Drain Meat.
- Add sauce, mushrooms, carrots, seasonings, rice & water.
- Bring to a slight boil.
- Cover saucepan.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook covered until rice is done (approx. 10-15 minutes at my house).
- (Note: the amounts depend on what you have at hand and how many you are serving. This fed two people.).
This worked well for me. I had some marinated beef that I used, along with frozen mixed veggies. I also used brown rice instead of white, which lengthened the cooking time, of course. All in all, a satisfying meal. Thanks for posting it.