Recipe by Jadestonediabetic
When groceries are low or you need to extend ingredients. Uses moslty dried or frozen ingredients. Feel free to sub. fresh for anything.
Top Review by blanche61
This worked well for me. I had some marinated beef that I used, along with frozen mixed veggies. I also used brown rice instead of white, which lengthened the cooking time, of course. All in all, a satisfying meal. Thanks for posting it.
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef (more if you have it)
- 1⁄2 cup dried mushroom
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen carrots (Could use dried)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
Directions See How It's Made
- brown meat in saucepan (with garlic if using cloves).
- Drain Meat.
- Add sauce, mushrooms, carrots, seasonings, rice & water.
- Bring to a slight boil.
- Cover saucepan.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook covered until rice is done (approx. 10-15 minutes at my house).
- (Note: the amounts depend on what you have at hand and how many you are serving. This fed two people.).