Recipe by KmartKlutz
Super easy Jewish cake and you get to use the food processor!
Top Review by Mary F.
I grew up making this cake. My great aunt handed it down to me. We always put a chocolate fudge icing on it and for the holidays she would add mincemeat to it and it was always a big hit either way.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sugar and the butter together in a food processor with the steel blade and process until creamed.
- Add the eggs and the milk, pulsing after each addition. Then add the flour, baking powder, and the lemon rind, pulsing until a smooth mass is formed.
- Place the dough in a greased and floured 9- by 9-inch square baking pan. Pat down and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle, turn out on a rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, slice, and serve.