Adopted recipe! A traditional French-Canadian recipe that is very common in Quebec. A syrupy "pudding" with a cakey topping. Very sweet.
- In a saucepan melt butter or margarine; stir in brown sugar.
- Add water and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, make the dough.
- Cream butter or margarine; add sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour syrup into a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Drop dough by teaspoons over syrup.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.