Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar and hot water in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining butter and sugar.
- Add flour and baking powder alternately with milk.
- Pour over brown sugar mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Thank you, but no, this isn't it. It had no brown sugar in it I'm sure, and I don't even think it had any butter or shortening. It was rather a bland cake, what made it good was the mixture of the "pudding" on the cake. I appreciate your effort anyway. Annie