Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish was served at a small drive-in type eatery that my Aunt worked at in Detroit years ago. It sounds odd, but it's really good!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush Doritos- put in bottom of a rectangular baking dish- I use a lasagna pan.
- Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder- DO NOT DRAIN OFF FAT!
- Spread cooked beef and all juices over the Doritos.
- Sprinkle all of the cheese over beef.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- While it is in the oven, cut lettuce into shreds and dice tomatoes.
- Toss with Italian dressing.
- Place a mound of the salad on the plate.
- Cut "pizza" into lasagna like squares and put it directly on the salad mixture.
This was interesting.. the taste grew on me with each bite. I wouldn't think of it as 'pizza', though.. more like a hot taco salad.. Thanks for posting!