KellyInNC #2's Note:
This dish was served at a small drive-in type eatery that my Aunt worked at in Detroit years ago. It sounds odd, but it's really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Crush Doritos- put in bottom of a rectangular baking dish- I use a lasagna pan.
- 3Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder- DO NOT DRAIN OFF FAT!
- 4Spread cooked beef and all juices over the Doritos.
- 5Sprinkle all of the cheese over beef.
- 6Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- 7While it is in the oven, cut lettuce into shreds and dice tomatoes.
- 8Toss with Italian dressing.
- 9Place a mound of the salad on the plate.
- 10Cut "pizza" into lasagna like squares and put it directly on the salad mixture.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Man's Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 985.8
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 1417.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 51.8 g