Recipe by KellyInNC #2
This dish was served at a small drive-in type eatery that my Aunt worked at in Detroit years ago. It sounds odd, but it's really good!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush Doritos- put in bottom of a rectangular baking dish- I use a lasagna pan.
- Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder- DO NOT DRAIN OFF FAT!
- Spread cooked beef and all juices over the Doritos.
- Sprinkle all of the cheese over beef.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- While it is in the oven, cut lettuce into shreds and dice tomatoes.
- Toss with Italian dressing.
- Place a mound of the salad on the plate.
- Cut "pizza" into lasagna like squares and put it directly on the salad mixture.