Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pierogies in a pan! This is a wonderful, rich casserole that tastes just like potato and cheese pierogies (without all the fuss!) Nice, hearty comfort food!! Can be served as a main dish with veggies or a salad, or as a side dish.
- Saute onion in 1 stick butter until tender.
- Cook noodles as directed on box.
- Boil potatoes, then mash.
- Add cubed cheese, salt, pepper, and remaining butter to potatoes and mix until well combined.
- Put layer of noodles in 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Layer 1/3 of sauteed onions over noodles, then 1/3 of potato mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.