Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Potato-cheese filled classic, easy style.
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 3 -4 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 polska kielbasa (pre-packaged)
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook peeled potatoes until done. Grate or cube cheddar cheese.
- When noodles are done, drain and run cold water over them, place on surface and cut in half (shortwise to make 2 short noodles).
- Combine cooked, drained potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Mix for 2 minutes on high speed until blended well, about 2 minutes. (cheese will melt into the mashed potatoes).
- Place about 3-4 tablespoons of potato/cheese mixture in each noodle. Roll up. Arrange in a deep 8x12 pan.
- Over medium high heat in a saucepan, melt butter and add chopped onions. Cook until tender. Pour butter mixture over the pieroghi. Slice keilbasa lenghtwise and place on top of pieroghi mixture.
- Bake at 350% for 45 minutes.
These were very easy to make. I omitted the onion, used instant mashed potatoes, and chopped the kielbasa and added it to the filling. The recipe made plenty for leftovers, and got rave reviews from my roommate!
very easy and quick