Recipe by trixter4
Potato-cheese filled classic, easy style.
Top Review by littlemissljk
These were very easy to make. I omitted the onion, used instant mashed potatoes, and chopped the kielbasa and added it to the filling. The recipe made plenty for leftovers, and got rave reviews from my roommate!
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 3 -4 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 polska kielbasa (pre-packaged)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook peeled potatoes until done. Grate or cube cheddar cheese.
- When noodles are done, drain and run cold water over them, place on surface and cut in half (shortwise to make 2 short noodles).
- Combine cooked, drained potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Mix for 2 minutes on high speed until blended well, about 2 minutes. (cheese will melt into the mashed potatoes).
- Place about 3-4 tablespoons of potato/cheese mixture in each noodle. Roll up. Arrange in a deep 8x12 pan.
- Over medium high heat in a saucepan, melt butter and add chopped onions. Cook until tender. Pour butter mixture over the pieroghi. Slice keilbasa lenghtwise and place on top of pieroghi mixture.
- Bake at 350% for 45 minutes.