1/1 Photo of Poor man's Pie
I searched this out originally for a friend who wanted to recreate a pie from her childhood. Now I'm posting it for a request on the boards. I haven't made it, so let me know what you think about it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line a large 9-inch pie plate with rolled out pastry dough, prick with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350°F.
- 4In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt.
- 5Mix well and spread evenly over the bottom of the crust.
- 6Warm cream in the microwave, (warm, not hot) and then carefully pour the warmed cream over the sugar mixture, completely covering it.
- 7In bits, dab butter over the cream.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden spots form on the top.
- 9The filling will seem liquid but will become firmer as it cools.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor man's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 301.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g