Recipe by Mysterygirl
I searched this out originally for a friend who wanted to recreate a pie from her childhood. Now I'm posting it for a request on the boards. I haven't made it, so let me know what you think about it.
Top Review by alice, ma
The first time I tasted this pie I was amazed at the taste. Especially when I found out how easy it was to make. Since then, and several pies later, I now have requests for it at potluck dinners. Really great pie!! My daughter uses light brown sugar, we prefer dark. Either way, it's good.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar, but brown tastes better
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large 9-inch pie plate with rolled out pastry dough, prick with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Mix well and spread evenly over the bottom of the crust.
- Warm cream in the microwave, (warm, not hot) and then carefully pour the warmed cream over the sugar mixture, completely covering it.
- In bits, dab butter over the cream.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden spots form on the top.
- The filling will seem liquid but will become firmer as it cools.