Recipe by mollypaul
Salsify is a white carrot-like root vegetable often called "poor man's oyster". Posted in response to a recipe request.
- 4 salsify, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring the salsify and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- Stir in cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until butter is melted and cream is heated through.