Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
College... Those were the days. By the time I graduated, I was a world class chef when it came to giving Ramen noodles a flair and gourmet taste! Of several, there is one recipe that I still enjoy. Its amazing what masterpeices you can make with a few simple and cheap ingredients. This soup can be modified to fit your taste and is simple and cheap enough that you can experiment with any thing you please- just open your fridge and let your mind go wild!
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (brand isnt specific nor is the flavor, although I like oriental)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh chives (chopped)
- 1 -2 egg
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 -3 sliced mushrooms
- 3 -4 cups boiling water (depending on how much broth or flavor strength you prefer)
- Add noodles (set flavor packet aside) to boiling water and let boil over medium heat for 2 minutes, stir.
- Add egg, stir and boil for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, soy sauce, sesame oil and flavor packet to soup. Cook for 1 minute over low heat.
- Cook until desired noodle texture is obtained (2-3 minutes).
- Garnish with chives before serving- Enjoy!