Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been sitting in my "To Try" recipe file for about a year. I finally got around to trying it and was so glad I didn't have to share this meal with anyone but myself. Sooo Good! I got this recipe from Cooks.com unfortunately the person who submitted this forgot to include the directions. So I winged it. Sure hope you enjoy this as much as I did. You can use any kind of white fish. I used catfish fillets and it was excellent. I did alter the recipe for my taste. Food.com does not recognize the phrase cooking wine but that is what I use.
- 453.59 g fresh or frozen cod fish fillet
- 1 small onion, sliced and then cut into quarters
- 283.49 g can cream of shrimp soup
- 59.14 ml milk
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14.79 ml dried parsley or 29.58 ml snipped parsley
- 118.29 ml soft breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml paprika (do not use smoked paprika)
- Fry fish, when done put in a casserole dish.
- Saute onions in same pan.
- Add wine with onions and cook for 30 seconds scrapping bottom of pan often.
- Add soup and milk. Cook for a minute or two stirring all the time.
- Pour soup mixture over fish in casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs then both of the cheeses and then sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in 425 oven for 10-15 minutes until brown and bubbly. All ovens are different, please keep an eye on it so it does not burn.