1/1 Photo of Poor Man's Lobster Thermidore
This recipe has been sitting in my "To Try" recipe file for about a year. I finally got around to trying it and was so glad I didn't have to share this meal with anyone but myself. Sooo Good! I got this recipe from Cooks.com unfortunately the person who submitted this forgot to include the directions. So I winged it. Sure hope you enjoy this as much as I did. You can use any kind of white fish. I used catfish fillets and it was excellent. I did alter the recipe for my taste. Food.com does not recognize the phrase cooking wine but that is what I use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh or frozen cod fish fillet
- 1 small onion, sliced and then cut into quarters
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (do not use smoked paprika)
- 1Fry fish, when done put in a casserole dish.
- 2Saute onions in same pan.
- 3Add wine with onions and cook for 30 seconds scrapping bottom of pan often.
- 4Add soup and milk. Cook for a minute or two stirring all the time.
- 5Pour soup mixture over fish in casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs then both of the cheeses and then sprinkle with paprika.
- 6Bake in 425 oven for 10-15 minutes until brown and bubbly. All ovens are different, please keep an eye on it so it does not burn.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Man's Lobster Thermidore
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 496.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 26.4 g