Recipe by TheDancingCook
This rich and creamy lobster dish can satisfy a seafood lovers palate, without breaking the bank. I bake this in a pie plate and serve alongside of steak, rice and cole slaw; a delicious, cheaper version of "surf and turf". Can be easily served as a main dish.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages imitation lobster meat (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (I use about 8 Ritz crackers)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, sautee the lobster in butter along with paprika, until browned; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
- Combine beaten egg yolks, sherry or water and salt.
- Remove cream mixture from heat and slowly stir in egg mixture; return pan bringing this to a boil and cook while stirring for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in lobster.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 9 inch pie plate or divide between four 10oz individual baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs and broil 6 inches from heat for about 2 minutes or until a golden brown.