1/5 Photos of Poor Man's Lobster ( Mahi Mahi)
I found a similar recipe on the internet and then I personalized it. I just love Mahi Mahi and this recipe really hits the spot. Simply decadent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
GARLIC BUTTER DIPPING SAUCE
- 1Cut fillets into 2 inch chunks and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- 2Pour the beer into the bottom of a saucepan (if using fresh lemon juice, toss the leftover lemon rind in with beer) and place a collapsible vegetable steamer over the beer.
- 3Bring the beer to a boil, place the fish chunks in the steamer, cover and steam for 5 to 10 minutes, dependent upon the thickness of the fish.
- 4The fish will be rubbery if it is overcooked.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the butter with the garlic and salt (I heat it slowly until the garlic is no longer raw).
- 6Remove the fish from the steamer and discard the beer/liquid/rind.
- 7Serve the fish chunks with the garlic butter dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Man's Lobster ( Mahi Mahi)
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.1
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 257.0 mg
- Sodium 1092.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 43.4 g