I could definitely see where this would have been totally awesome had I not overcooked the fish. They were dry but not rubbery. It would be great to add a tip on how to make sure not to overcook with this recipe.
Big G's new favorite, want to try with other fish. (Crappie)
I made this to serve with a surf and turf. It was good and real easy to make, although not very flavorful. It not my favorite was to make Mahi Mahi, but it was the easiest. I marinated the fish in some Beer and lemon for about an hour. I used Heineken, and the fish was a wild caught, same day :) I'll make it again, . I cooked the butter till it was clear and garlic was soft and mushy
Great dish....quick to make, a good combination!
A very tasty recipe! I imagine it's called "poor man's lobster" because of the technique - steamed and dunked in butter. It reminded me of the pan-broils we used to eat with my family on the atlantic shore. I thought the beer imparted a lovely, subtle flavor without overwhelming the delicate fish - I don't know what to tell the poor souls who tried to boil the mahi in the beer, except this - get a steamer and try this recipe again! It is worth your while!
It was fast - It was easy - It was good (not great) but I'm not sure why it's called Lobster. It tasted like fish marinated in beer with garlic butter. Thanks but no thanks!
Love it! Good, easy, fast. It's a keeper.
Wow. Quite tasty and very easy. I even burned the garlic butter and it was still good. I'll definitely make the garlic butter first next time, then do the fish. Mine cooked in a little less than 5 minutes. I cut my fish into 1" chunks. I used a wheat beer for the steaming and I thought the fish on it's own was rather tasty.
I really loved this recipe and so did my hubby! It's really simple and you can't even taste any hint of the beer in the fish. It almost seems like a waste of a bottle of beer to make this, but it is worth it. The dipping sauce is tasty too! Can't wait to make it again!
This was so good and so easy! Cooked according to recipe, except I couldn't find mahi mahi - instead used tilapia, which worked out great!