Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever, by Beatrice Ojakangas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cod fish fillets (of frozen fillets, thawed)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- fresh parsley sprig, for garnish
- lemon slice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange fish in a shallow casserole; pour half the melted butter over the fillets.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake, uncovered, basting occasionally, until the fish flakes with fork, about 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley; serve with lemon slices and the remaining melted butter for dipping.
I had two pounds of cod. I used the cup butter but used 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper and old bay. I had to cook mine for 40 minutes as my cod was thick. My family really enjoyed this. They asked me why I didn't cook more. It did have too much butter and I would cut that by half next time but this had a great taste to it.
I will make this again but I will use half og the butter - very good - even my picky fish eaters loved it.
I always use a bit of sugar with the butter. Make it taste like lobster.