1/1 Photo of Poor Man's Lobster
This recipe was told to me by the captain of the boat when halibut fishing. It is a very quick, simple, and tasty way to eat halibut!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a pot with water (about a gallon).
- 2Add 1 cup sugar, and bring to a boil.
- 3Do not ever stir the mixture.
- 4Add chunks of halibut, do not over crowd.
- 5They will sink to the bottom, and then rise to the top when they are done.
- 6It should take just a few minutes.
- 7Remove with slotted spoon.
- 8Remember to not stir the mixture.
- 9Continue until all the halibut is cooked.
- 10Dip in melted butter and eat!
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Man's Lobster
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g