This recipe was told to me by the captain of the boat when halibut fishing. It is a very quick, simple, and tasty way to eat halibut!
- Fill a pot with water (about a gallon).
- Add 1 cup sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Do not ever stir the mixture.
- Add chunks of halibut, do not over crowd.
- They will sink to the bottom, and then rise to the top when they are done.
- It should take just a few minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Remember to not stir the mixture.
- Continue until all the halibut is cooked.
- Dip in melted butter and eat!
What the recipe is missing is the essential ingredient- an acid, like lemon juice or vinegar, that coagulates the proteins and changes the texture of the fish, making it more lobster like. Sugar is optional, and a cup is far too much.
A really great way to cook Halibut, better than breading and defrying. My husband loved it and wants me to make it again. Thank you!!!
Delicious! Thanks. :-)