Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Anna Werdt.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 lb haddock fillet, frozen
- 1 cup butter
- 2 quarts water
- Add salt, vinegar and seafood seasoning to 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- Cut fish into 4 pieces and add to water. Cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with melted butter.
This was easy to make and didn't take that long which is good with this heat wave we're having. I'm a fish eater so this really hit the spot. Made for Bargain Basement 2011.