Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Even if you close your eyes, it's not Lobster, but it's good!
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (sorry I forgot to list this when I posted the fist time)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add sugar, salt and fish.
- Simmer until fish turns white, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain and chill.
- Flake the cooked, and chilled fish.
- Stir together lemon juice, ketchup and horseradish and mix well with cod.
- Serve cold with lemon wedges.
My wife really liked this and it made good use of some imitation lobster that would have otherwise been thrown out. I did use about 1.5 times the horseradish.
Very nice and fresh. The reason for "only" four stars is that in point 6 it says "Stir together lemon juice......" and in the ingredients list there is no lemon juice mentioned. I ended up adding two tbs. Also thought that 1/4 cup salt and sugar would be a bit too much. Used 1 tbs sugar and 1/2 tbs salt in the cookingwater. Will definitely make this again, it's perfect for a hot day.