Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cheap and tasty, ideal student food
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 200 g cream cheese
- 150 g long grain rice
- 300 ml vegetable stock (cube is ideal)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Fry leeks in 1 tbsp oil until soft adding garlic at the end of cooking. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry the onion until soft.
- Stir and add the rice and stock.
- Cook until almost all the liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat, stir and leave to stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir the cream cheese into the rice.
- Top with the leeks.