Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm pretty sure every Bermudian household that makes this, makes it different. This is how I make it. It's great for when I don't feel like much bother or if our cupboards are looking a bit low on food. :-)
- 1 -2 cup cooked flaked fish (or to taste, we use 2 or 3 cans tuna)
- 4 cups cooked white rice, hot
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cup cooked green peas, frozen is best
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste (or powder)
- chopped parsley, to taste
- margarine or butter, to taste
- Mix first 8 ingredients together thoroughly.
- Now this is where a lot of recipes differ.
- This can be served hot or cold and some add light cream to give it moisture.
- My family has always eaten it hot with butter or margarine. You stir it in the pot of rice while hot so it melts and slightly binds it all.
- I use quite a bit because I like the buttery flavor and I don't like dry food.
- I'll leave you to decide how to finish this off! :-) This is a very basic and versatile dish.
- (the prep and cooking time is calculated by assuming everything is already cooked).