Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is real simple and quick and taste great.
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, do not drain
- 5 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 lb sliced smoked sausage
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (more if you like garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup white rice
- Place all ingredants in a stock pot and bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook 20 minutes till rice is done.
- Remove Bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with Corn bread or Bisquits.