Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just a basic granola bar from what you have in your cupboard. I've added a little of this and a little of that to make a great bar!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat remaining ingredients (minus raisins) in another bowl.
- Fold into dry ingredients.
- Mix in raisins.
- Mush into bottom of greased "bar" pan. (9x13 will work too, you'll just have thicker bars and will need to cook a little longer)
- bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Cut into 2 x 4 bars and store.
i'd call it more of a granola bread than a bar....but excellent anyways....it will be a staple of my kitchen from now on
Really easy bar to make. I added the sam amount of Grape Nuts and another cinnamon cereal and it came out well. You can pretty much use any fruit, too. I found them to be cakey v. a boxed bar that is crumbly. I enjoy these for a pre-workout snack.
I made these today, they are cooling as I type this.. I had to sneak a bite... they are AWESOME. I had everything on hand and only thing I added, due to allergic reaction to raisins, I added dried blueberrries,cherries and strawberries to equal 3/4 cup. We like lots of fruit to ours. Thanks for posting a REAL KEEPER!!!!!!