Recipe by Temilyn
I make this almost every week. My husband is EXTREMELY picky and he loves it. I took a recipe his mother used to make and made it better. Hope you enjoy. I never really measure. So I did my best at estimating the herbs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 -8 sprigs fresh basil
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg skillet on medium heat add tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic. Saute till translucent.
- Add beef cook thoughly.
- Add can of tomatoes, oregano, water, and macaroni.
- Cover cook 10-12 minutes
- Add basil. Stir.
- Cook till water has cooked down.
- Note* Taste better the next day.
- Also if you don't have the herbs handy, I suggest getting 2 16oz cans Del Monte tomatoes w/ basil, garlic, and oregano. It is just as good, if not better on the first day. Enjoy.