Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from my mom in Belgium. My (american) husband was not convinced about this dish untill the day he tried it and he fell in love with it. This pasta dish is delicious, fast and cheap.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package honey-roasted ham
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon bleached all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup Italian cheese blend (depends on how cheesy you want it)
- garlic powder
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 14 ounces pasta (I prefer linguini)
- Slice the mushrooms into half thin slices. Shred the ham very finely.
- Melt the butter and add the mushrooms. After the mushroom are soft, add the flour.
- Add the milk and stir so the sauce is smooth. Add the tomato sauce and ham.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and hot sauce to your own liking. Don't be afraid to spice it well.
- Add the cheese so the sauce becomes a thick cheesy tomato sauce.
- optional You can add less cheese but thicking the sauce with some cornstarch.
- Serve with the hot pasta.