Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for dinner last night, to just try it out. It doesn't really taste like filet mignon, but it is delicious! Try it and I bet you'll give it 5 stars! I used 3/4 cup cracker crumbs instead of bread crumbs. The recipe is from Taste of Home--I think.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 4 slices bread, crumbed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (18 ounce) bottlesmoke-flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- 12 slices uncooked bacon
- Combine first eight ingredients nad 2 TB barbecue sauce.
- Form the meat mixture into 12 small, thick patties.
- Wrap a bacon slice around the sides of each patty and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake on a rack or broiler pan at 350 degrees F for 50-60 mintues or until desired doneness is reached. Baste frequently with remaining barbecue sauce during the last 30 minutes of cooking.