Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom used to make this for all of us and I still make it today. It is one of our favorites and it's cheep to make. I don't know for sure how long it takes to make--times are a guess.
- Heat a small amount of oil in your pan for frying.
- Mix up meat and salt and pepper form into patties.
- Dip in the egg.
- Roll in cracker crumbs.
- Place in the oil and cook until needing to be flipped then flip and finish until desired doneness.
- Can be topped with mushroom soup for gravy or you can make a milk gravy.
- Other substitutions are adding garlic powder or onion soup mix or Worcestershire sauce.
Most excellent recipe! I had no problems at all with this recipe. It was fantastic! My husband loved it and said this was a perfect meal. I made a white gravy to have over the steaks. This recipe is a keeper and one I will make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Wonderful easy recipe!! My whole family loves it. We put brown gravy with some mushrooms on top to juice it up a bit.
I agree with the previous reviewer, the mixture was a little too dry and I knew it before I dipped in the egg and cracker crumbs so I added some evaporated milk but if someone is not purchasing lean hamburger, this is the perfect recipe because there is enough fat content to make it juicy and not dry. I also added a little A-1 sauce to the meat for flavor but that is a personal prefence. Thanks for posting.