Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Had this for years. Excellent spicy dip. Be sure and use sturdy chips for dipping.
Make and share this Poor Man's Caviar recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white corn (drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas (drained)
- 1 medium vidalia onion, medium-sized, diced
- 1 large tomato, large, diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing, to moisten
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with Frito Scoops or tortilla chips.
This is a great recipe! I just made it for Mother's Day and everyone loved it! I added about a half of a green Bell pepper diced up in it. Today I had the left-overs in a wrap with Romaine lettuce. I will definitely keep the ingredients on hand to make it again.
This is my (and everyone I know's) absolute favorite dip! I tweek mine just a bit and use 2 cans shoepeg corn, 2 cans blackeyed peas, 1 green bell pepper, 1 tomato, a stalk of green onions, and 2 packages of the Italian dressing mix (using half the oil and substituting more water to make it healthier). Add salt and pepper to taste. GREAT!
Wonderful way to get your fiber. I substituted pinto for black eye peas since that's what I had. I also added some garlic powder. I've made this twice already. Yum-o.