My family craves this simple, yet delicious dish. You can't go wrong with a 3 ingredient meal.
Make and share this Poor Man's Casserole (Potato, Egg & Bacon Casserole) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Peel and slice the potatoes about 1/2 inch thick, then cook in salted water just until tender (do not overcook). Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Cut half a pound of your favorite bacon cut into 2 inch pieces setting aside about 3 uncooked slices for top. In a frying pan, cook the balance of the bacon pieces until it just starts to crisp.
- Slice the boiled eggs width wise about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a deep casserole dish, layer 1/3 of the potatoes, 1/3 of the egg slices, and 1/2 of the cooked bacon. Repeat the layer. For the final layer, add the remaining potatoes, eggs and the raw pieces of bacon on top. I like to pour the bacon fat remaining in the frying pan over the whole dish.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for approximately 35 minutes, or until the bacon on the top is crisp. Enjoy.
Easy to make with the three ingredients. Love it!