1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil together all ingredients.
- 2Add water just enough water to cover raisins.
- 3Boil until raisins are tender.
- 5Add 1 t baking soda and enough Unbleached flour to make a stiff batter.
- 6Pour batter into 9-inch round cake pan.
- 7Bake in moderate oven until cake springs back when touched lightly (about 1 hour at 350 degrees F).
- 8Serve warm or cold with cream, custard sauce or powdered sugar frosting.
- 9Walnuts may be added to batter just before baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Man's Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.2
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 61.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g