Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe after going over some very old recipes from my Mother. It was cut out of a Buffalo Evening Newspaper. On the back of the recipe were different infractions that people had done and what their tickets cost them. One person had a unlicensed driving ticket for $10.00.
- Spray shallow 1 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Break dry bread into cubes.
- Toss with melted butter.
- Place a third of the cubes in the bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with half the sliced apples.
- Then sprinkle with sugar and spice mix.
- Add another layer of bread cubes, follow with sugar mix.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Pour on top, water and lemon.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Serve with cream or milk.
- Better when warm!