Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
A simple quick 1 dish meal.
Top Review by lauralie41
Wonderful rich tasting comfort food! This is going to be a favorite for me. I did not add the mushrooms, used rotini pasta and Eckrich smoked sausage. The sauerkraut has a sweet sour flavor that is so good and caramalizes a bit as it cooks. To get a good pierogi idea I would serve this with mashed potatoes next time. Very yummy, a must try recipe! Made and reviewed for the Cooking Photo Forum's 8th Photo Swap Event.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta, cooked
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet sauté mushrooms and onions in ½ stick of butter until tender.
- Add sauerkraut, sausage, white wine, salt and pepper, mix well cover and cook over medium low heat for about 1 hour.
- Add cooked spiral noodles and ½ stick butter, stir until butter has melted, season to taste and serve.