Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. From Virtual Finland web site, http://finland.fi/netcomm/news/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=26068.
- 1 slice French bread or 1 slice coffee bread
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (3 dl)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lingonberry jam
- whipped cream (optional, to make "Rich Knights")
- Cut a thick slice of bread for each person, recipe set for 1 person.
- Whip the egg and mix in milk and a pinch of salt.
- Dip the slice in the milk and egg mixture.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot topped with a bit of lingonberry jam.
- If you top it all off with whipped cream, your "poor knights" become "rich knights".