Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Posted for ZWT6 Scandinavian Regionn. Fattiga Riddare literally means Poor Knights. This seems like a very simple french toast recipe. Top with cinnamon/sugar mix or your favorite jam ! For rika riddare, or "rich knights", serve with marzipan and whipped cream.
- 4 slices bread (white or wheat is fine)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (low-fat is fine)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- butter (for frying)
- Whisk milk, egg, flour, sugar and salt into a smooth batter.
- Preheat flat fry-pan or skillet to medium heat on stove and small amount of butter to coat the pan.
- Dip the bread-slices in the batter and fry until golden together.
this is the kind of french toast mr pickys mom made all the time so he was very happy i used 2 eggs though
I really enjoyed this simple french toast HokiesLady. I loved the crispness that the flour brings to this treat. I served mine with powdered sugar and spiced apple cider syrup. Even my picky dh enjoyed this treat. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again.
Sooo tasty. I used day-old whole wheat french bread and let them soak a little bit longer before throwing them on the skillet. The recipe was perfect for this type of bread because the mixture wasn't too runny (thanks to the flour!). I also added some cinnamon, and the result was fantastic!