Recipe by Closetcook
This is a great and easy comfort food recipe which I found in a Midwestern Junior League Cookbook. This cooks up quick and great paired with a salad and garlic bread. Instead of a skillet, I use a large 9" sauce pan with lid.
Top Review by LonghornMama
So fast and easy but absolutely delicious! With such simple ingredients, I was surprised just how good this was. Keep this recipe in mind for a quick weeknight meal that's also kid-friendly. Used light sour cream and prepared in a 5-quart saute pan with good results. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 3 cups dry noodles
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter. Remove from skillet and set aside. Brown the ground beef; return the onion.
- Lay dry noodles over the meat and onion mixture. Do not stir.
- Over all, pour tomato juice mixed with salt, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, then stir. Cook covered 15 minutes more.
- Add sour cream; stir well. Heat but do not boil.