Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Poor Boy Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) unsliced loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced hard salami
- 1⁄3 cup pickled sweet peppers, rings
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, parsley, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Spread on every other slice.
- Place tomatoes, mozzarella, salami and pepper rings between the buttered slices.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Great sandwich even though I did make a few changes. I used sliced onion rather than tomato and provolone rather than mozzarella. I usually don't enjoy sandwiches without mayo as much as I enjoyed this one. Loved all the toppings and the butter/mustard spread.