Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, inexpensive and quick comfort food. This was what my hubby liked when we got married and to my surprise everyone seems to like. Comfort food.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, sliced
- 10 hot dogs, diced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Fry potatoes until tender.
- Add wieners and cook until plumped.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- I have also added onion and bell pepper on occasion.
This is a very different way to prepare fried potatoes. I put onion and red pepper flakes in mine. It tasted very good and had a little zip. I only used 5 hot dogs in mine. A quick and easy dish that is a keeper. Thanks Country Cook in Oklahoma. Bullwinkle.
WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE -- IT'S FRIED POTATOES!!Just the comfort food we needed on a cool spring evening. The crushed red pepper flakes added a nice zing. Adjusted amounts for 2 of us.
This is a simple, quick meal that will certainly satisfy kids and husbands alike (I like it too). I usually use chopped onions in it too.