Recipe by PookeyLumLum
I make these muffins for my 19-month old and she LOVES them! They're relatively healthy, contain a decent amount of fiber for young toddlers and use Organic Cane Sugar, which does not promote tooth decay. BTW, my whole family loves these, too. They go very, very quickly. They freeze well and quickly thaw in 10 minutes of sitting at room temp.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (I use butter until age 2. After that, canola oil is preferred.)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (I use Organic Cane Sugar from Florida's Crystals.)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (I use stone ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 14 ounces whole milk (use 2% or skim for anyone over 2 years old)
- 2 cups all-bran cereal (I use Bran Buds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put the All Bran in a small bowl and add the milk. Stir and set aside at least 10 minutes to soak.
- Cream together butter (or oil or margarine), sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the mushy All Bran Cereal, and stir until mixed well.
- Spray the mini-muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, heap it full of batter and fill each muffin cup to the top. (I spray the spoon with non-stick spray to help batter slide out.).
- Bake at 325 for 38 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 60 mini-muffins.