Cook1 hr 30 mins
This meatloaf is really tasty. Use the leanest beef, at least 93/7. Dried parsley can be used but only use 2 tsp if you are going with dried over fresh..
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh (optional)
- 2 lbs ground chuck, lean
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt, sea salt is what I recommend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl combine 3/4 of the chopped onions and bell peppers (reserving the rest) with the parsley, ground chuck, bread crumbs, and eggs.
- Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper to meat mixture. With clean hands mix well.
- Put into baking dish and form into a loaf. Set aside.
- In medium sauce pan mix the remaining ingredients; tomato sauce, ketchup, onion, bell pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, celery seed and garlic powder. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Pour hot sauce over loaf. Bake at 350* for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Remove from oven and loosely cover with foil until ready to serve.