1/1 Photo of Poohrona's Texas Meatloaf
1 hr 30 mins
This meatloaf is really tasty. Use the leanest beef, at least 93/7. Dried parsley can be used but only use 2 tsp if you are going with dried over fresh..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh (optional)
- 2 lbs ground chuck, lean
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt, sea salt is what I recommend
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2In a large bowl combine 3/4 of the chopped onions and bell peppers (reserving the rest) with the parsley, ground chuck, bread crumbs, and eggs.
- 3Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper to meat mixture. With clean hands mix well.
- 4Put into baking dish and form into a loaf. Set aside.
- 5In medium sauce pan mix the remaining ingredients; tomato sauce, ketchup, onion, bell pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, celery seed and garlic powder. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- 7Pour hot sauce over loaf. Bake at 350* for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- 8Remove from oven and loosely cover with foil until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poohrona's Texas Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.4 mg
- Sodium 1384.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 31.8 g