Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light and full of flavor. This dish is one of my favorites. It is best when using yellow squash aka summer squash but green zucchini can be used.
- 4 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, slivered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon salt, sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil and butter in ac large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes being careful not to brown.
- Add squash , onions, salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and saute for about 5 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
Delicious, easy and good for us. This was a wonderful side dish for sloppy joes. Made for PAC Fall 2012.
This is very similar to how I make summer squash. I, too, prefer the yellow squash over the zucchini. It's so sweet. I only used the butter and not the oil, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. It's simple and yummy. Thanx!