1/6 Photos of Poohrona's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1 hr 5 mins
I have looked and looked for a basic cake recipe with good reviews and have come up empty handed. So to the kitchen I go and this is what I came up with. I do not use cherries and pecans in mine as some do so in my pictures they are absent but included in recipe for those that do like to add either. I experimented ( as I call it) tonight and my mother could only say Mmmmmmm when she tasted it. Now she is trying really hard not to eat the whole cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, sliced, reserve the juice
- 9 -10 maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1Allow eggs to set out until they are at room temperature. Also allow 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) to soften at room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 350*.
- 3In 13x9x2 inch pan melt 1/4 cup butter and add brown sugar and 3 tbsp of reserved pineapple juice. Mix well in bottom of pan.
- 4Place pineapple slices in bottom of pan on sugar mixture. If you are using cherries and pecans, place a cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice and place pecan halves rounded side down around the slices. Set aside.
- 5In a mixing bowl, mix butter. Add sugar and cream together.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- 7In another bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add to sugar and butter mix alternating with milk, mixing well after each just until blended.
- 8Stir in 2 tbsp reserved pineapple juice and pour over pineapple slices in pan.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes or when toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- 11Loosen sides with knife and invert on plate or cake board.
- 12Eat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poohrona's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 343.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 47.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g