Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this so I could enjoy pizza without all the calories. I but pita bread that has flax, oat bran and whole wheat flour in it. You can put what ever you like on it but this is how I enjoy it. It is great for personal size. I use canned pizza sauce for convenience but you can really make it good by making your own.
- 1 pita bread, whole wheat
- 1⁄8 cup pizza sauce, canned
- 1 slice turkey meat, fat free
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, sliced
- 5 black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Put pita on baking sheet and put sauce and meat and vegetables.
- Top with cheese and bake 350 for 10-15 minutes or until desired tenderness of vegetables has been achieved. I like mine a little crunchy.
GOOD STUFF! I have followed the recipe as written and it was delicious but it also inspired me to make a vegetarian version. I used the pita, jar pizza sauce, and saute and crumble 2 flame grilled Boca burgers w/onion, garlic, pepper and McCormick Italian blend seasoning - the kind with the built-in pepper cracker thing ha ha. Top with low fat mozzarella and YUM! Makes 3-4 pizzas. I also cooked 14-15 minutes for a browner bubblier cheese. Easy lunch, low fat dinner - and they reheat well in the microwave. They never last long enough to freeze, but I would be interested to know how that turns out. Thanks for the recipe Pooh!
I made this for my husband, mom, brother and myself. Everyone loved it!!! I think I like it more than normal pizza. Instead of turkey meat i used chicken breast.