Recipe by Poohrona
My husband tells me he would pay high dollar for my hamburger steaks in a restaurant and claims mine are the best so I thought I would share my recipe. I hope you enjoy. It is really simple to make and if you have a patty maker it really cuts time making the steaks uniform and even. I usually make mine thick and use a Tupperware Pattie former. Some sauteed onions on top makes it even better.
Top Review by kkington
I only added one thing to these, some grated parmesan cheese and they were absolutely delicious! I wanted a hamburger steak recipe that had lots of flavor and was something different than the bland hamburger steaks we were used to and these were perfect! Definitely going to make these again!
- 2 lbs ground chuck, lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry, red
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together with clean hands and form 6-8 equal size patties.
- Cook over medium-low covered until done.
- In the last few minutes of cooking, remove cover and brown.
- (The juice can be saved to make gravy. Saute some extra onions in butter to go on top.).